Monday 18 November 2013

Skincare review on Nixoderm

I always wanted to have flawless skin however my skin has always been troubled with eczema since young. It's pretty much hassle. It often breakout especially when the weather is extremely dry.

Something which isn't exactly a high end or luxurious product but it certainly does the job it's meant to do! I keep getting questions on this product, be it through email or personal message. So here's a full review of those who wants to know more about it.

Do note that while this product is touted as a cream to battle a whole range of skin problems which include pimples, blackheads, rashes, ringworm of the skin and scalp. I've only used as for my eczema. Thus, this review of Nixoderm is solely as an eczema treatment product and i will not be touching on whether it is effective in treating any other kind of skin aliments.

Firstly, this product is packaged in lavish design and attractive contemporary illustration and font upon it. The little tin looks lethal, like a 70's chemical product or something and this can be hard to spot on your drugstore shelves so keep your eyes open! The outcome is pretty good. I would say the best remedy i have used so far. I know nothing can cure or clear spots miraculously overnight however, it definitely cleared them up dramatically. Putting the Nixoderm on, they have become less sore, red, reduced in size and some have gone in matter of days. 

Secondly, the texture is unlike any eczema treatment product i have used. It is very thick cream that has little hard gritty bits in it. I'm not too sure whats' in it as it doesn't really bother me much. At first touch, it may seem a little hard so you may have to press down a little harder than with normal cream products to scrape some of it out. 


I don't use this product in the day because it will grease up and leave a white cast. (Unless you don't mind heading out with white patches on your skin)


For those who are curious about the 3 active ingredients of Nixoderm, they are Benzoic Acid (6%), titanium Dioxide (10%), and Salicylic Acid (2.5%). 


I have used Nixoderm for more than 10years. I just replenish my stock about 1 week ago, and look how little it has gone down? It is very cheap (Probably about $2+, I am not sure about the exact amount because it has always been bought by my mum). I don't know if this works for you, no one does unless you try it yourself. All i can tell you is that it works for me and everything that i have shared here is based on my skin reaction. Please make what you can of it and practice discretion. Nothing in this world is a miracle product that will perform well universally. Nixoderm is quite easily attainable at most drugstores such as Guardians and Watsons. Even if it isn't effective on you, it's no great financial loss! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign